To make the skin look more youthful, plump, and rejuvenated, dermal fillers fit the description as one of the best cosmetic treatments today without the surgical horrors of a facelift and other traditional methods that require downtime for weeks to heal the wounds caused by the surgery.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
It is an FDA-approved treatment that promotes collagen development and fades fine lines, wrinkles, and other facial regions that have lost volume. Proven to add lost volume in the target regions, Dermal Fillers are known to be successful in rejuvenating the skin. The collagen production in Dermal Fillers becomes the basic building block of the skin responsible for giving an even, full and youthful appearance.
Moreover, below are the 3 key elements of facial rejuvenation and restoration Dermal Fillers can help achieve:
- Contour. It enhances and fine-tunes the facial contour that defines youth.
- Foundation. It provides a solid foundation for the face structure.
- Refinement. It helps refine and enhance facial features such as the lips and nose.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Derma Fillers uses quick or temporary fillers as the most common, including semi-permanent and permanent. With temporary fillers, they help reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the skin for a few months before naturally wearing off without any pain or side effects.
In addition, Dermal Fillers are primarily composed of hyaluronic acid, a synthetic form of naturally occurring substance found in the body. With Hyaluronic as facial fillers, it holds the water in the target region and helps retain the plump shape, adding volume to the fine lines, wrinkles, and depressions. Also, injecting facial fillers into the face helps repair sun damage and muscle movement that comes with aging causing wrinkles and fine lines.
Overall, dermal fillers are not just limited to reducing wrinkles and fine lines; they can also plump up other parts of the body, such as the hands and décolletage. Fillers can last anywhere from a few months to a few years, depending on the type of filler used.
What Benefits Do Dermal Fillers Provide?
As an exceptional non-surgical solution, Dermal Fillers offer the following benefits:
- creates definition;
- restores volume to the cheeks;
- sculpt and lift the face;
- soften the appearance of lines and fill out hollowed areas;
- restores the complexion to a refreshed and more youthful state.
What Areas Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
- Marionette lines, which are lines from the mouth to the chin
- Nasolabial folds, which are lines from the nose to the mouth
- Frown lines (best combined with Botox)
- Upper lip line
- Lines in the corner of the mouth
- Lines around the eye that are superficial (best combined with Botox)
- Lips for volume and definition
- Face and cheekbones volume restoration
- Under the eye
- Pre-jowl (area on either side of your chin)
- Backs of the hand and make veins look less prominent
What To Expect With The Dermal Fillers?
Thorough consultation should come first before deciding on the procedure, which is a fundamental part of the process. At least a week before the procedure, there are some medications that must be strictly avoided. These include anticoagulants, which are aspirin, ibuprofen, and blood thinners.
Before undergoing the filler treatment, below are some critical advice that patients must follow to avoid complications:
- No alcohol intake at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- No Roaccutane medication within the past 6 months.
- Avoid sunbeds, waxing, electrolysis, and laser at least 48 hours before the treatment.
- Do not come if suspecting a pre-menstruation or following excessive alcohol intake since pain sensitivity may be heightened at certain times.
- Take Arnica tablets 2 days before the treatment to reduce bruising.
- The use of Zovirax tablets may reduce the risk of cold sores.
- Do not receive the treatment if pregnant or breastfeeding.
In addition, there is no downtime with Dermal Fillers, and patients can return to their daily lives immediately. Following the treatment, there may be bruising and swelling to the treatment area, which can be concealed with mineral makeup. However, this will subside with the treatment results revealed within 5 days.
For sure, the doctor will provide comprehensive aftercare instructions that include the following:
- Avoid excess sun exposure;
- Avoid extremely hot or cold exposure (such as saunas or cryotherapy);
- Avoid facial treatments such as massage or laser therapies that could alter the results.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
Dermal Fillers often need to be reinjected to maintain results and slow overall signs of aging over the years since the body will naturally absorb dermal fillers with time. Most patients will find that dermal fillers last several months and can be continued to ensure long-term improvements.
For Hyaluronic acid fillers, it will require a few days to be settled beneath the skin, but immediate results after the procedure are already visible. Although dermal fillers don’t provide permanent outcomes for fine lines and wrinkles, the outcomes remain longer if performed by expert professionals. While other neurotoxins may last for half the time, Dermal Fillers are unique, but the overall results of any aesthetic procedure depend on the type of issues and experience of the injector.
Also, an expert may require follow-up sessions at scheduled intervals to maintain the results. The results will be effective and constant if the follow-up sessions in scheduled before the effects of the previous procedure have not faded off. Dermal fillers are widely employed across the globe as they offer the longest results related to other cosmetic treatments.
Are Dermal Fillers Safe?
Dermal Filler treatment is very safe if done by trained professionals. Some patients may experience mild redness and swell right after the treatment. They usually go away after 1–2 days.
There may be small needle marks right after treatment but will disappear very quickly. Bruising can sometimes happen, which takes about 1-2 weeks to resolve. Before undergoing filler treatment, make sure a trained doctor discusses the potential complications in detail with the doctor.
With age, the skin gradually loses collagen, elasticity, and structure. This, combined with the effects of gravity, causes the skin to sag, hollow, and wrinkle. At ZI BLOOM Aesthetics, they offer Dermal Fillers that help restore volume loss, provide structure, and reduce lines and wrinkles, while they focus on subtle changes to create a natural and youthful balance.