Many people opt for anti-wrinkle injections as a preventative option to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and refine their overall look. As this treatment effectively stops the clock and boosts confidence, the anti-wrinkle injections help block the chemical signal on which the brain sends to the muscle telling the muscle to contract. Indeed, it is a simple yet effective procedure with few injections, no downtime, and proven to reduce wrinkles.
How Do Anti-Wrinkle Injections Work?
Anti-wrinkle injections are commercially prepared from Clostridium botulinum toxin. As stated, the injections are used to block the chemical signal that the brain sends to the muscle telling the muscle to contract. In effect, it helps to relax and lifts the muscle, fine lines become softened, and gives a smoother and tighter appearance.
In general, the kit takes three to 10 days after the treatment to fully develop, which re-treatment should not occur within that period. On the other hand, the anti-wrinkles effect can last up to four months, although reducing the dosage with regular treatments may be possible.
What Are The Benefits Of Anti-Wrinkles Injections?
- Anti-wrinkle injections help relax specific muscles that cause wrinkles in the face and soften fine lines. Also, it produces a younger and more refreshed look.
- Injectables are painless, especially when performed by a licensed aesthetician that uses special techniques, like the application of ice, vibration, and the injecting gun.
- Less bruising and discomfort are possible using tools like Accuvein Vein Finder and injecting guns.
- Injections for anti-wrinkle treatment can treat various non-surgical procedures, such as teeth grinding, excessive sweating, and many more.
- It has been proven to have a safety record for over 25 years.
Which Areas Can Be Treated?
The injectables for anti-wrinkles are most commonly used to treat the following:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Smile lines
However, they can also be used to:
- Alter and shape brow height as certain muscles in the eye area as injected, helping them relax and create an overall eyebrow lift.
- Stop pulling down mouth corners, mouth muscles, and lower face.
- Reduce gummy smiles since injectables are used to lower the upper lip combined with Dermal filler, which can then be used to thicken the upper lip, which creates a tighter look.
- Evert the upper lip and relaxes the muscles to reduce the pursing that causes wrinkles on the upper lip.
- Reduce vertical neck bands, which minimizes the drag of the muscle on the face, improves the jawline, and reduces the prominence of neckbands.
- Reduce bunny lines on the nose, which the appearance of bunny lines will be lessened by relaxing the muscles.
- Reduce dimpling of the chin on which anti-wrinkle injections can help relax the chin to prevent the appearance of an orange peel-like dimpling.
- Reduce the bulk of chewing muscles.
Also, anti-wrinkle injections are used in the primary muscle that causes the bulk and reduces bruxism and squareness of the jaw. This can help slim the jawline and relieve associated headaches or pain. In addition to this, anti-wrinkle injections can also be used to treat armpit, hand, feet, and facial sweating.
What Are The Anti-Wrinkle Injection Options?
There are different options of anti-wrinkle injections that are used to restore a healthy, youthful glow to the skin, and they are:
This anti-wrinkle injection was approved by the FDA in 2002 and is one of the most sought non-invasive procedures that helps patients prevent or reverse the signs of aging.
Treatment time: The Botox procedure usually takes 15 minutes, depending on the treatment area.
How long do the results last? Although not permanent, results from a Botox treatment are long-lasting. Also, repeat treatments are required every 3-4 months to maintain the effect.
Benefits of Botox: Sice it’s the most popular anti-wrinkle treatment option, Botox provides numerous advantages, including:
- Short, non-invasive procedure
- Minimal side effects
- No downtime
- Results can be seen within 3-5 days
Approved by the FDA in 2009, this anti-wrinkle injection is also a safe and effective method for those who want to eliminate frown lines and forehead wrinkles on their face.
Treatment time: The procedure in Dysport will depend on the size and location of the treatment area; however, the usual duration should no longer be 15 minutes.
How long do the results last? In general, most patients require repeat treatments every four months to maintain the results. Results from Dysport treatment can last up to 6-12 months.
Benefits of Dysport: Dysport procedure gives the following benefits to patients:
- Few side effects
- No recovery time
- More natural feel than other anti-wrinkle injections
- Pain-free, quick treatment
- Softer looking skin
- Results can be seen within 1-2 days
This is one of the newest anti-wrinkle injections available in the beauty market, approved by the FDA in 2011 without protein additives, unlike Botox or Dysport. In effect, this is said to be more effective for patients with neurotoxins resistance.
Treatment time: Since Xeomin is minimally invasive and quick, it should only take 10-15 minutes, depending on the targeted area.
How long do the results last? The longevity of Xeomin results will vary from patient to patient; typically, it produces results that last 2-3 months.
Benefits of Xeomin: Xeomin has been used as a safe and effective treatment for over 20 years in Europe on which it offers many benefits, such as the following:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- More natural result unlike other anti-wrinkle injections since it does not contain protein additives
- No downtime
- Results can be seen within 5-10 days
The Bottom Line
Injectables for anti-wrinkle are ideal for treating and preventing fine lines, wrinkles, and deep furrows on the face. Using them reduces crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines between the eyebrows. At ZI BLOOM Aesthetics, they offer an anti-wrinkle injection, both Dysport and Xeomin neuromodulators, to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Their experienced staff will always provide quality service and results while keeping your safety and health a priority. Your injector will strategically choose each specifically for you, according to your muscle mass and strength in the area of concern.